Monday, March 5, 2012

Mocha Pullover - Sweater #1

First sweater of 2012 complete!  I actually started this one in October but put it away to do all my Christmas knitting.  The rules of 12 Sweaters in 2012 say that you can use work started in previous years, so I decided this would be the first one I completed.



The pattern is Oatmeal Pullover by Jane Richmond on Ravelry and I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease Chunky in Walnut.  I think I might make this again but make some changes.  I made the size 40" chest because there were many comments on how tight the arm circumferences were so this sweater didn't turn out as fitted as I had hoped.  I also didn't make the sleeves long enough so I'm constantly tugging on them, which makes the boatneck collar pull down further.  I'm not a fan of how loose the neckline is, but that's my fault I think!  All in all, a decent first adult sized sweater.  I learned a lot and my second sweater fits nicely.  (I haven't taken pictures of that one yet -- waiting for warmer weather!)

No comments:

Post a Comment