Saturday, September 8, 2012

Chocolately Chocolate Chip Cookies

Birthdays are funny business.  It's your birthday, but you are the one that supplies the treat to everyone else!  =)  I usually take the easy way out and grab some doughnuts on the way into work, but this year I decided that the treat I would bring would be one of my favorites: chocolate.  Seems like my little Loreli takes after me that way also, even favoring the dark chocolate Hershey Kisses!

So with my helper at my side, we set off on this chocolate adventure.  They turned out ridiculously rich and decadent and were gone in a flash.  I'm glad we kept some at home to add to our lunches!



Ingredients:

1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 package (18-1/4 oz) chocolate cake mix (I used Chocolate Fudge)
1 package (12 oz) chocolate chips

Directions:

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.  Beat in egg and vanilla.  Add cake mix and mix well (dough will be sticky).  Stir in chocolate chips.  Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.

Roll rounded tablespoonfuls of dough into balls.  Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 9-11 minutes or until tops are cracked.  Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

Makes 4 dozen cookies.



5 comments:

  1. Those look absolutely delicious! There is no such thing as too much chocolate. It's on my to do list this weekend. Thanks for sharing :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! Just make sure you have a giant glass of milk nearby! =)

      Delete
  2. OMG! My family LOVED these cookies. These will definitely be part of my holiday baking.
    I check your blog several times a week just to see what's new.
    By the way, I finished the Mickey Mouse Halloween cloth last night. Very cute.
    Again, thanks for sharing for talents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm glad your family enjoyed them! I've added them to my holiday baking list too!!

      Delete